Keynote speech to address economic impact of Ohio’s booming craft beer industry.
The third annual Ohio Craft Brewers Conference presented by The Cincinnati Insurance Companies will take place Feb. 8-9, 2017 at the Duke Energy Convention Center in downtown Cincinnati.
Dr. Bart Watson, Chief Economist for the Brewers Association, will deliver the keynote address on Feb. 8, discussing the economic impact of the growing Ohio craft beer industry. The two day conference will feature over 25 presentations and panel discussions on a broad range of industry topics. 50 Ohio Craft Brewers Association Allied member businesses will also hold a trade show at the convention center during the conference.
Member registrations for the two day event are available for $200 per person. Non-member registrations are also available for $250 per person. Registration includes breakfast and lunch on both days of the conference, a flash drive featuring all conference presentations, admission to the trade show and post-conference events at OCBA member breweries in Cincinnati.
The Hyatt Regency Cincinnati adjacent to the Duke Energy Convention Center is the official hotel of the Ohio Craft Brewers Conference. Reservations can be made online.
- Keynote address by Dr. Bart Watson, Chief Economist for the Brewers Association at the Duke Energy Convention Center.
- Breakout session with Brew Studs friends, Adam Armstrong and Kevin Connell of Ohio Beer Counsel.
- Panel Discussion: Building a Relationship with your Retailers.
- Brewing Strategically for a Small Brewpub with Chris Davison of Wolf’s Ridge Brewing.
- Ohio Malts and Trends in Malts.
- Panel Discussion: What do Distributors want from Their Brewery Partners.
- Site Selection and Economic Incentives.
- Conservation Goals and Energy Usage in Your Brewery.
- Souring Organisms and Yeast.
- High Gravity Brewing Tips and Tricks with Tim Hawn of BrewDog USA.
- Ohio Rare at Taft’s Ale House featuring 9 rare beers by 9 Ohio breweries including The Brew Kettle, Fat Head’s, Great Lakes, Jackie O’s, Little Fish, Taft’s Ale House, Triple Digit, Willoughby Brewing Company and Yellow Springs Brewery.
- Rhinegeist FREE specialty food and beer pairing with Head Brewer/Quality Control Jim Matt and local chef and restauranteur Jimmy Cornwell including some rare and never released offerings.
- Ohio Hops State of the Union.
- Quality Control in Canning.
- OSHA Record Keeping & Creating a Culture of Safety.
- Five Critical Quality Checks for Small Breweries.
- Starting a Barrel Program with Brad Clark of Jackie O’s Brewery and Sean White of Little Fish Brewing.
- Production Planning for Small and Medium Sized Breweries with John Haggerty of Warped Wing Brewing Company and Matt Rowe of MadTree Brewing.
- Sanitation 101.
- Wastewater Solutions for Small to Medium Breweries.
Click here for a full itinerary.